Remember uncle Tom‘s story and make a decision to be a generational thinker.
I shall dot the I’s nd cross the T’s with the lecture of Nigeria’s first democratic president, sir Olusegun Aremu Obasanjo on 31st night, year 2018.
“Africa has been called names that we do not deserve a SHIT HOUSE, DARK CONTINENT, name it, but we are not where we should be”. He continued: 5 things we need to take care of, for development, growth and progress are:
- Politics-Governance; if we do not get politics right, we might not get other things right. Getting it right is getting other things right.
- Population– the population is rising. Nigeria at independence was only 40 million but now we are about 200 million. Education is key. We must acquire right and relevant skills and be gainfully employed.
- Protection- in all ramification, avoid being agents of chaos, (recording to rhythm, terror is senseless but peace is priceless), Nigeria’s one time president went on to say “protection is security and security includes personal security, security of lives and properties, which is key. Security of jobs and food, also are very important.
- Prosperity:- even Olusegun has stopped talking about “POVERTY”. They focus on the positive things like land matters etc. he asked the world to emulate love-world otherwise known as Christ embassy that it is an excellent church. I urge everyone to stop talking down his or her own land.
- Partnerships: – let’s work together………….. the more we work together, the further we’ll go. We need to pray and fast together because if you eat alone, you will die alone………. Partnership at homes, within the family, community, continent and the world.
Long Live Africa!!!!!!
By Eleki Emmanuel Owanaemi (Aka Dr. Emmanuel)