In our last article on career development, we shared some pragmatic steps one can take in choosing a career, in which “getting to know” is one of such steps. This section will share a list of career choices every one looking to build a career should know before making a decision; even after making a decision (especially in the midst of uncertainty).
However, it is important to know that any career choice you make is professional, whether the academic curriculum recognizes it or not, and you must treat that career with full professionalism. Again, no career is superior to the other, neither is any inferior to the other. Career is matter of choice, dedication, and long term goals.
A list of career options:
This is stated in no particular order.
- Blogging and Vlogging
- Digital Marketing
- Fashion Styling
- Data Analysis
- Hair Styling
- Graphics and Web designs
- Digital Arts
- Visual Arts
- Interior Decorations
- Event Planner
- On Air Presenter
- Financial Planning
- Content Creation (different genres of writing
- Sports (any globally recognized sporting activity
- Marketing (realtors included)
- Customer Relation Management
- Project Management
- Public Speaking/ Facilitator
- Content Editor (writing/video/photo)
- Information Product Sales
- Fitness Coach
- Therapy (physical/mental)
- Tax Preparation
- Human Resource Management
- Engineering (all forms of the practice)
- Medical Practice (All forms of the practice)
- Legal Practice (arbitration and paralegal inclusive)
- Theatre Arts
- Prints and Publication
Any of the careers on this list can be done long term, depending on the individual’s choice because an individual can earn a living while doing any of this. What is important is understanding these options and getting equipped for any chosen career.
What to do
- Write down the career options that are new to you from the list in this article
- Carry out basic research of this career options
- If you are currently working, where do you belong on the list? Do you know other opportunities therein?
- If you are yet to begin, have you spotted what you have qualifications for?
- Do the qualification for what you want?
Engaging in these activities will tell you more on the career path you should choose.